June 4, 2020
We chat with Steve Duck of the TIDES Group, a Business Management Company.
- we chat about food security & sustainability
- we discuss branding Peninsula Agri-Tourism as the "Tuscany of Canada"
- we chat about North Saanich's "Flavour Trail" festival - can it be extended over a full season, i.e., 4 months?
- staycations will be the saviour for the Tourism Sector
May 8, 2020
In our continuing dialogue promoting the Peninsula based Agri-Tourism sector, we chat with Evelyn Turner, Farm Manager from the 10 Acres Farm & Restaurant Group. Also joining this Agri-Tourism superstar is Lindsay Dault, the Owner of Country Bee Honey Farm, another Agri-Tourism sector warrior.
We chat about local food supply, buy local topics, how COVID has impacted 10 Acres and how these kind of businesses have adapted and thrived under these crazy circumstances. Maybe "crazy" is the new normal... :)
April 17, 2020
In this podcast with Lindsay, Co-owner of Country Bee Honey Farm (6440 West Saanich Rd) discusses:
- their planned walking & pollinating tour
- Lindsay reviews all the farm animals located at their business for folks to visit and enjoy
- we had fun talking about lean-to's...
- there are over 50 bee-hives at the farm
- we chat about Agri-Tourism development on the Peninsula
- likely more stay-cations this summer
- move to local food & support local
- we talk about multi-ZOOM virtual dinner table meetings... :)